Chic, Le Sport

Christmas came early to Habitually Chic. Yesterday, I received a copy of the book Jacques Henri Lartigue: A Sporting Life.  In French, the title is Chic, le sport ! which obviously, I find amusing. I was first introduced to the book at a press preview at Hermès whose 2013 theme for the year was "a sporting life" which was inspired by the photos of Lartigue. The book was a collaboration with Actes Sud who produced a gorgeous volume with not only photos but of the drawings and journal pages of the peripatetic photographer.  While I have seen many of Lartigue's beach photos of sun kissed skin on the Riviera which also populate the book, I hadn't seen his winter sports photos, some of which I've posted here. Many are from Megève and Chamonix where the skiers and skaters wore wool instead of moisture wicking techo fiber jackets or helmets for that matter. Their skies were probably wood too. No wonder Hermès was inspired. 











Posted By: Unknown

Chic, Le Sport

About

Gallery

Labels