Paris is Always a Good Idea

"Paris is always a good idea." - Audrey Hepburn

I couldn't agree with Audrey more especially since I'm off to Paris tonight.  I'm headed to the City of Light for a press trip with a lot of built in personal time. The weather seems a little iffy and not unlike what it's been in New York recently so as soon as I hit CDG, I'm buying a four day Paris Museum Pass.  I'm looking forward to getting lost in the Louvre or Musée Nissim de Camondo whenever it starts to rain. Now that we have a Laduree a few blocks from my apartment, it's not as much of a treat but I can't wait visit the tea salon when I need a rest. I will be staying in Saint Germain where I'll be able to walk to all my favorite places like Flamant and Deyrolle.  I hope to make it to the Marais to visit Merci this trip too.  

I'm traveling alone and actually look forward to getting lost while taking photos and not having to worry about holding someone up. Photography is becoming more of a focus in my life and I'm excited to take my better camera and better eye to Paris this trip. I also plan to Instagram my adventure if you want to follow along.  I'll try not to post too many pics but can't make any guarantees.  I wasn't looking forward to eating dinner alone but I do know a few people who I plan to meet up with during my trip. 

Most of all, I'm looking forward to being inspired. Cassandra of Coco + Kelley posted about needing directing in her Uncomfortable post from yesterday and I can definitely relate.  I've been feeling adrift this year and not sure which direction to steer myself.  I have been in safely ensconced in my comfort zone and need to figure out what I want to do next, whether it's another book or developing a product line.  There is nothing like a change of scenery to inspire and motivate and I hope to come back with a new sense of purpose.  

As I mentioned, I am traveling alone and want this fact to inspire you as well.  So many times people don't go places because they don't have anyone to go with them. If you've been waiting to visit Paris or another place, just do it.  There is no time like the present to follow your dream and you never know, you might just meet someone fabulous along the way. 

À tout à l'heure!























Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

Posted By: Unknown

Paris is Always a Good Idea

About

Gallery

Labels