Hermès Festival des Métiers

Those of you who follow me on Instagram already saw a sneak peek of the Hermès Festival des Métiers I attended to today but I wanted to share it with everyone.  Hermès has organized a "Festival of Crafts" through Sunday in New York to let the public, free of charge, see how some of its most famous pieces are made.  I watched a man make pieces for a Kelly bag, a woman hand sew silk ties, a saddle maker hammer a saddle together, and more.  The pièce de résistance was the 45 minutes I spent watching a craftsman silkscreen an Hermès silk scarf with 14 different screens!  I will definitely be posting my photos tomorrow but right now I have to go to bed to get my beauty sleep for the first day of fashion week. 

A tout à l'heure.




Top photo by moi via instagram
Posted By: Unknown

Hermès Festival des Métiers

About

Gallery

Labels