Splurge vs. Steal

Speaking of skirts, I had my eye on the Chloe Inverted Pleat Skirt (on the left) at Barneys for a while.  But $850 seemed a bit much to spend on a tan skirt that I would probably drop gelato down the front of on the first warm day of spring.  (Have I mentioned there is a GROM truck parked on Fifth Avenue and 72nd Street now?!) 

While perusing the website of my new favorite retailer Massimo Dutti, I spied a similar tan Flared Linen Skirt for only $98. I walked over to their store on Fifth Avenue and 54th Street and picked it up today.  While there, a blog reader visiting from Brazil (Hi Ana Carolina!) recognized me and said hello.  What a small world! 

Anyway, I've been keeping my love of Massimo Dutti on the down low but it's definitely worth checking out.  I bought two really great coats there over the winter, a ring that looks like it's from Bulgari, a great blue shirt, and this Linen Pleated Dress for summer. I described the look as the Zara version of Brunello Cucinelli which was funny since I found out later that Massimo Dutti is owned by Zara. And they even have men's clothes! Happy Shopping!

N.B. Nope, not paid for this post either. 
Posted By: Unknown

Splurge vs. Steal

About

Gallery

Labels